Saturday, March 24, 2012

What's Wrong?

Me: (walking through Grand Central Station)

Bystanders: (Running though Grand Central Station)

Me: (I stop dead in my tracks)

Bystander: "What's wrong young lady, are you lost?"

Me: "No, just stopped to take in the moment"

Bystander:"Isn't this place just wonderful, she asks"

Me: "Yes, but I never stopped to take it in before today"

Bystander:" You're a smart young lady, don't let life rush you by"

This conversation has made me think a lot over the past few days. In NYC everyone is running here and there and people assume the minute they slow down or even stop that something is wrong, but the reality is, nothing is wrong they are just enjoying a moment.

More and more I wonder what it would be like to live somewhere else, and more and more that thought scared me. But I finally think that I may be ready for that change of scenery and ready for something new. My dad recently decided to live out a life long dream of his, ride a bicycle cross country. I wish him all the best and can't wait for the stories he will come home with. Sure you hear about people living out there dreams, but never did it happen so close to home, before my dad. I think it is that and the strength and courage my mom passed on to me, to make me realize that I to can live out my dreams. Sure I may fail once or twice but if I didn't then it would be wrong and I would never learn.

All those dreams I have written down over the years in numerous journals, I am going to start small and live them out. I am going to face fear head on and take what it throws at me, since I have seen so much already.

Dad- I know you are reading this, and I know you are proud of what I have accomplished so far, but there is more to come. I can't wait to see pictures and hear stories from this trip and wish you all the best! Love you always and forever!

2 comments:

  1. Grand Central is such a beautiful place to wander around in. I used to work over by there, and when it was too hot to walk around in the summer time I'd go walk around in there instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of my favorite places in the city! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete